Monday, April 17, 2006

Knit-A-Long, Longer, Longest

Lets just pretend like I was never missing. My daughter is now happily married and I'm on the mend....and hear I am again....tah-dah

My latest fun filler is a knit-a-long, or mini-knit-a-long. There are only 3 of us, but we welcome anyone. Debbie, Mom and I are knitting the Garter Ridge Cardi in the Creative Knitting May 2006 magazine. It's quite spring, quite lovely and, more importantly for me, quite easy. I'm about 15" into the back and feeling quite impressed with myself... Mom is finished the back, finished the left front, and since I haven't talked to her within the last hour, more than likely done with the right front, she's a speedy little over achiever. I haven't talked to Deb since the weekend, Deb feel free to post in the comments how you're doing... Mom's is a lovely lilac (I know this because I took her lilacs for Easter and they were nearly the exact color of her sweater), Debbie's is - I believe- a sweet light blue and mine is Yellow. Not lemony yellow, but somewhere between butter and hmmm...dark butter...I don't know, what else is yellow? So, if we'd finished our pastel sweaters by Easter we could have had a pic taken of the 3 of us looking Easter Egg Fabulous in our Cardi's, a rainbow of egg colors. We are all using the TLC Cotton Plus, so it's also an inexpensive garment.

We'll get some pictures posted a.s.a.p.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knit-A-Long's are fun. I'm anxious to hear how Deb is coming along. I did start the right front, but had to un-knit about 6" of it because when I looked back there was a whole area that looked wrong...too loose or something....and it was just easier to take it out instead of trying to "fix it".

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally started my back. I'm using 10's and I decided to only do 3 repeats on the mesh instead 4 because of the difference in the needles. It appeared if I did 4 when I got to the arms the mesh would be about 1/2 of the arm...LOL!!! I haven't done much the last 2 days as I've got some lovely flu that knocked me down and out since Sunday. I DO, however, love the blue and love the yarn!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home