Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Buy Now...Save Later

Ok, seriously, are they going to do something about gas prices soon. I heard a report on the news this afternoon that it could be near $4 a gallon by summer...and if you are lucky enough to live in Maryland, it looks as though our electic bills are going up by approx. 70-75%. This crap is going to start eating into yarn money. We can only hope that it will be a cool summer and not one like last year where we swelter. Doing the math, a $200 electric bill (not out of the question with a.c.) could be $350. Between that and about $400 a month in gas for the cars. Holy Moses. A person should not be forced into choosing between electric and yarn. My husband will not like my choice I fear... He can handle the variance in the warmer weather though, he's comfortable whether it's 70 or 70.2. Lots of leway... I'm thinking things like, I really should get a clothesline. I could save a lot of electric if I hung clothes to dry. My husband just looks at me with a patronizing grin...and waits for the mood to pass. I'm not exactly a Walton here. It's not that I mind hanging the clothes but gosh, it gets so hot outside in the summer. Try not to think on that one too hard, it's a little to much insight into my logic.

Well, I have the solution. The gas won't peak until July. The electric's not going up until June. Solution, buy the yarn now, and feel smug all summer about not spending money on yarn....hah...I win.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So....are we going to the yarn shop this weekend...I think there's one in Calvert Co. somewhere.....lol

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Deb said...

I'm already stocking up. I have enough for the major Christmas presents I want to make, except, ah, ummm, my dear neice's. Ok, ok, I'll get it order before our electric goes up and it starts taking $60 to fill up my car. Dang, I knew I should have gotten a hybrid!!! How GOP of me to buy a gas guzzling American car.

6:20 PM  
Blogger mz6ubwe60nv said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home