Thursday, January 26, 2006

Here Comes The Bride...to be


This is a picture of my darling daughter at her Bridal Shower.

It was a fabulous event planned and executed by her Maid-of-Honor, DJ. It was a pink cotton candy dream filled with family, friends and loads of glorious gifts for the newlyweds.

They received everything from gift cards to a quesadilla maker...yum, can't wait for that invite. Thanks to all who joined us in our glory.

Five weeks to the wedding, I could say a month, but OH NO, I'm not giving that week away. Although all the hard jobs are done, it still feels like there are a million tiny details. Dotting i's and crossing t's. Mostly standing by the mailbox waiting for the tardy RSVP cards. It was never a tortuous event to plan because the bride had a very specific idea of what she wanted. That actually made it pretty easy because it was simply a matter of doing it.

I can't believe my daughter is getting married. I have been busy trying to be brave about her leaving the house, even trying to give myself a warm fuzzy by focusing on the rooms I'll gain when she's gone, but deep down none of it helps....I'll miss my baby girl...

4 Comments:

Anonymous sarasnana said...

Beautiful Bride to Be!!! She's not a baby anymore.....lol

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Deb said...

I still cry when I think of her as a toddler singing "You are my sunshine." Little did she know she was OUR sunshine!

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Sheelah Stoddard said...

Kathy--Wasn't I just in your wedding? Time flies. She looks beautiful. Can't wait to see her in her gown. I'll probably start bawling. Love, Sheelah

10:59 PM  
Anonymous invitations said...

This is a great place to find invitations go to http://www.weddinginvitations4u.com and see what they have I was very happy.invitations

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home