Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I Can't Get It All Done...

Well, as you may have guessed it didn't snow. Apparently my snow dance has limitations....

I am knitting the sock. Without snow, I feel uninspired to knit a warm fuzzy sweater. There are flaws with this theory of knit the sweaters when it's cold, not the least of which is...I am a slow knitter. If I work earnestly on my sweater when the weather gets cool, I should have it by May July of next year...see there's a big flaw, sweaters aren't so useful in Maryland in July. Especially big woolie ones. Alas, I haven't been able to overcome this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As I mentioned earlier I have a beauiful wool that I really like and what little I've knitted has made up a pretty sweater swatch.

This leads me to the issue of stash. How much is too much? I have more than I can keep in one place, but less than needs it's own room. I kind of thought this was the right amount. There is more out there that I want. The problem being my aforementioned slow issue. I knit at the speed of nap, I should finish what I have...well, never...but I want more...

Of course this all begs the question...when do you read? Which I also do quite slowly... I'm reading Angry Housewives Eating Bonbons by Lorna Landvic. It's a bit of fluff, but quite enjoyable fluff.

So the question of the day, how do you organize your time and get all your fun stuff done? Because until I am snowed in, I'll never get a sweater....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Deb said...

One can NEVER have too much yarn, I've decided. Ok, so that's to make myself feel better about the $100 worth of yarn I bought while on vacation. Yarn is kind of like shopping at Price Club...you just get caught up in the quaintness of a little yarn shop ran by an old hippy in the on the Lake in upstate NY and buy WAY more than you planned to or needed. Ok, so I was also under the unfluence of a lot of champagne from a tasting at the champagne house. HELLO...yarn AND champagne on the same little road within 5 miles of each other...life doesn't get much better than that!!!!
Oh, right, I think I fit into your list of enablers...LOL!!!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home